Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Another ball dropped

The good news is Dave Ayton has found a rather nice looking bouldering cave in Howth.
The bad news is I checked it out in the winter of 2003 when exploring around Howth and never went back.

This isn't the first time this has happened. Last time was Stonecutter's Glen.

There is loads of info on Dave's blog including directions and a topo. Dublin has badly needed an equivelent of Parisella's Cave in North Wales ie. somewhere steep, with lots of problems and linkups, that stays pretty dry in wet weather. On the last point I'm not sure how condition dependant this cave is when I visited, granted it was January, the cove was pretty damp with seepage.

The weird thing is that last night, for the first time in years, I looked at the Howth photos I took on that trip.

Anyway fair play to Dave, it looks like a great spot.

1 comment:

  1. I used ot hang here as a kid, forgot about it for many years till I went searching in 05, then left the country.. :/ Oh well

    ReplyDelete